Monday, June 30, 2008

Raphael paintings

Raphael paintings
Sally Swatland paintings
MY mistress having left us, I had leisure to think of Sergeant Cuff. I found him sitting in a snug corner of the hall, consulting his memorandum book, and curling up viciously at the corners of the lips.
`Making notes of the case?' I asked.
`No,' said the Sergeant. `Looking to see what my next professional engagement is.'
`Oh!' I said. `You think it's all over then, here?'
`I think,' answered Sergeant Cuff, `that Lady Verinder is one of the cleverest women in England. I also think a rose much better worth looking at than a diamond. Where is the gardener, Mr. Betteredge?'There was no getting a word more out of him on the matter of the Moonstone. He had lost all interest in his own inquiry; and he would persist in looking for the gardener. An hour afterwards, I heard them at high words in the conservatory, with the dog-rose once more at the bottom of the dispute.

No comments: