Friday, June 6, 2008

Vinci Mona Lisa Painting painting

Vinci Mona Lisa Painting painting
Bouguereau The Rapture of Psyche painting
Cot The Storm painting
Cot Springtime painting On quitting the Bastille, Gringoire fled down the Rue Saint-Antoine with the speed of a runaway horse. Arrived at the Baudoyer Gate, he made straight for the stone cross in the middle of the square as if he discerned in the dark the figure of a man, clothed and hooded in black, sitting upon its steps.
“Is that you, master?” said Gringoire.
The figure rose. “Death and hell! you drive me mad, Gringoire. The watch on the tower of Saint-Gervais has just called the half after one.”
“It is no fault of mine,” returned Gringoire, “but of the watch and the King. I’ve had a narrow escape. I always miss being hanged within an ace. It is my predestination.”
“You miss everything,” retorted the other. “But come quickly now. Hast thou the pass-word?”
“Only think, master, I have seen the King. I’ve just left him. He wears worsted breeches. It was an adventure, I can tell you!”

No comments: