Friday, October 31, 2008

Francisco de Zurbaran The Immaculate Conception painting

Francisco de Zurbaran The Immaculate Conception paintingArthur Hughes The Property Room paintingArthur Hughes A Music Party painting
seat. _Ho! Ho! Ho Chi Minh!_ At the last possible moment Jumpy took a deep breath, and dived head-first into a sea of wet and friendly faces; and vanished. They never caught him: fuzz pigs filth. "Saladin wouldn't speak to me for over a week," Jumpy remembered. "And when he did, all he said was, 'I hope you realize those cops could have shot you to pieces, but they didn't.'
They were still sitting side by side on the edge of the bed. Jumpy touched Pamela on the forearm. "I just mean I know how it feels. Wham, barn. It felt incredible. It felt necessary."
"Oh, my God," she said, turning to him. "Oh, my God, I'm sorry, but yes, it did." Where does this effect come from? The authors argue it comes down to memory. Because repetition increases the accessibility of an opinion, we assume it has a high prevalence. In everyday we are likely to hear the same opinion many times in different places. We then put all these together to judge the general mood of a group. When one person repeats their opinion, we simply over apply the rule.

No comments: