Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Julien Dupre Shepherdess With Her Flock painting

Julien Dupre Shepherdess With Her Flock paintingJulien Dupre Returning From the Fields paintingFederico Andreotti Discretion, The Better Part Of Valour painting
shining behind his spectacles.
"You see? He's always getting things mixed up, like my eggs a while ago. Nothing ever gets done just the way I intended. But what can I do? And I cramphis style, too, I'm sure. . ."
Forgetting then the subject -- his wish that I were the true GILES -- not to mention the proposal of an end to conversation, he launched into a recounting of the nature and history of his connection with Croaker, which I attended with what imperfect wakefulness and patience I had left.
"I'd just been brought to New Tammany," he began, resting his little chin on Croaker's skull -- a white spheroid perched on a great black pedestal. "They had just begun to use WESCAC to pair up roommates, and refugee research-people were handled just as students were in the regular dormitories.Verstehst? You'll see tomorrow morning. . ."
At matriculation-time, he continued, everyone's attributes had been coded onto cards, which then were matched automatically on the basis of complementation --Testing, and Eierkopf allowed that it wasn't in itself a bad system

No comments: