Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pablo Picasso Les Demoiselles dAvignon painting

Pablo Picasso Les Demoiselles dAvignon paintingPablo Picasso Crucifixion paintingPablo Picasso Bread and Fruit Dish on a Table painting
that here you are just as conspicuous and, may I say, abnormal, my dear, as I should be in B-b-bratt’s.’
The place was painted cobalt; there was cobalt lineoleum on the floor. Fishes of silver and gold paper had been pasted haphazard on ceiling and walls. Half a dozen youths were drinking and playing with the slot-machines; an older, natty, crapulous-looking man seemed to be in control; there was some sniggering round the fruit-gum machine; then one of the youths came up to us and said, ‘Would your friend care to rhumba?’ ‘No, Tom, he would not, and I’m not going to give you a drink; not yet, anyway.
That’s a very impudent boy, a regular little gold-digger, my dear.’ ‘Well,’ I said, affecting an ease I was far from feeling in that den, what have you been up to all these years?’
‘My dear, it is what you have been up to that we are here

No comments: