Sunday, February 1, 2009

Marc Chagall Paris Through the Window

Marc Chagall Paris Through the WindowMarc Chagall Adam and EveMarc Chagall La Mariee
At least," she said, "promise that you won't go in among the trees. If that man is still around, he might be hiding in a wood or a grove and you wouldn't see him in time to escape."
"We promise," said Lyra.
"Well, I'll pack you some food in case you're out all day."
Mary took some flat bread and cheese and some sweet, thirst-quenching red fruits, wrapped them in a cloth, and tied a cord around it for one of them to carry over a shoulder.
"Good hunting," she said as they left. "Please take care."
She was still anxious. She stood watching them all the way to the foot of the slope.
"I wonder why she's so sad," Will said as he and Lyra climbed the road up to the ridge.
"She's probably wondering if she'll ever ," said Lyra. "And if her laboratory'll still be hers when she does. And maybe she's sad about the man she was in love with."
"Mmm," said Will. "D'you think we'll ever
"Dunno. I don't suppose I've probably couldn't have me back at and I can't live with the bears or the witches. Maybe I could live with the gyptians. I wouldn't mind that, if they'd have me."
"What about Lord Asriel's world? Wouldn't you want to live there

No comments: