Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pierre-Auguste Cot Le Printemps

Pierre-Auguste Cot Le PrintempsGeorge Frederick Watts CharityFrancisco de Goya Nude Maja
shape of the Count extended a beringed hand. The Count himself gave Windle a worried grin. He seemed to be wearing opera dress designed for a man several sizes larger.
‘And Brother Schleppel -‘
The chair was said Mr Shoe.’I do my best, but I’m afraid some people just don’t seem prepared to make the effort.’ ‘Er . . . dead people?’ said Windle, still staring at the note. ‘Apathy, I call it,’ said Mr Shoe, bitterly.’How can the movement make progress if people are just going to lie around the whole time?’ Lupine started making frantic ‘don’t get him started’ signals behind Mr Shoe’s head, but Windle wasn’t able to stop himself in time. ‘What movement?’ he said.
‘Dead Rights, ‘ said Mr Shoe promptly. ‘I’ll give you one of my leaflets.’ ‘But, surelyempty. But a deep voice from the darkness underneath it said, ‘Evenin’.’‘And Brother Lupine.’ The muscular, hairy young man with the long canines and pointy ears gave Windle’s hand a hearty shake.‘And Sister Drull. And Brother Gorper. And Brother Ixolite.’Windle shook a number of variations on the theme of hand. Brother Ixolite handed him a small piece of yellow paper. On it was written one word: OoooEeeeOoooEeeeOoooEEEee.‘I’m sorry there aren’t more here tonight,’

No comments: