Sunday, August 24, 2008

Albert Bierstadt In the Mountains painting

Albert Bierstadt In the Mountains paintingAlbert Bierstadt Yosemite Valley paintingClaude Monet The Red Boats Argenteuil painting
head all liquor and delusion and left me stricken by my folly, aghast at how far and lightly I'd strayed from Grand-Tutorhood. Had that been, as Max had suggested, Stoker's purpose? He stood now on the loveseat-bier itself, soiling the cushions with his boots, and surveyed with a grin the general panic. Hands on his hips, he laughed at the scrambling worshipers, at the frenzied party-guests, and at me -- virtually in my face, for on our separate perches we were of a height.
"Couldn't do better myself!" he cried. "Why not go to work for me?"
I might have attacked him, but Croaker was too excited by the chaos in the room to heed my orders. Stinging with self-reproach I dug my heels in, and we charged into the crowd, who now that the whistling had stopped were beginning to recover their senses. I looked with mixed feelings for Anastasia, but she and the Sears were gone; Madge however I observed belly-down on a nearby table, laid out across several platters of cold-cuts: an apple

No comments: