Monday, August 25, 2008

Zhang Xiaogang Bloodline painting

Zhang Xiaogang Bloodline paintingZhang Xiaogang Big Family paintingZhang Xiaogang big family 1996 painting
papers, and being so ungrateful I'd treated her so white. I bought her a drink, and we talked about poor Sally Ann and old tunes, and how hard all this was on the kids; and O.B.G.'s daughter said there probably ought to be somebody home with them at night for a while, till they got more used to their mother being gone. All the time she was smiling that smile, that put me in mind how she'd smiled it years ago, when I was just a scaredy-cat kid and her a gosh-durn tease. Her own husband had run off on her a few months before, and their kids were at some sister's place; I knew she'd me if I asked her, despite all she'd said. And I was so low down, and so durn hot and bothered, I up and asked her, and of course she came, teasing me all the way for treating her like a South-Quad slavey. What you going to do with a gal like that, and such a mess as me?"
I was unaware that his question was of the sort that requires no answer. "Well, now, Mr. Greene --" I began with a frown.
"Pete,"he insisted.
"I find your story quite touching, Pete. I hadn't appreciated how , and I'm interested to learn now whether it's that way generally. The only other

No comments: