Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pablo Picasso The Old Guitarist painting

Pablo Picasso The Old Guitarist paintingPablo Picasso Girl Before a Mirror paintingClaude Monet Sunflowers painting
"Your father?" The question appeared to surprise Miss Hector; I tried to recall which word she'd accented, and couldn't. She announced then, as one might read from a page: "Max never would, and Eblis couldn't've if I'd wanted him to. It was WESCAC."
To hear this confirmation from the lady's own lips made me thrill; but Anastasia said disgustedly: "Oh,Mother!"
Miss Hector went on undaunted -- indeed, unhearing: "Eblis warned me it could happen, and when they fed in the finished GILES he told me I was one of the ones WESCAC had in mind, you might say. I was in love with Max then, and as I said, I'd nevergone all the way with anyone, though I suppose I would have with Max if he'd wanted to. Wait, let me finish. . ." Anastasia had made a little rustle of despair. "I'd been Miss NTC and Miss University, you know, just as you were -- and, my sakes, weren't you lovely the day they capped you! Well. . ."
She herself had been a vain creature, Miss Hector was afraid, as flattered by WESCAC's election as by the student body's in terms before; and though she wouldn't for

No comments: