Friday, October 24, 2008

Thomas Kinkade The Hour of Prayer painting

Thomas Kinkade The Hour of Prayer paintingThomas Kinkade The Good Life paintingThomas Kinkade Sweetheart Cottage II painting
connected with Lesbia and the charioteer with Agrippinilla. As for Caligula and Ganymede-but I have said enough to show what I mean by "disorderly". I was the only one among them past middle-age, and did not understand the ways of the new generation at all. Gemellus also lived in the Palace: he was a frightened, delicate boy who bit his nails to the quick and was usually to be found sitting in a comer and drawing designs of nymphs and satyrs and that sort of thing for vases. I can't tell you much more about Gemellus than that I got into talk with him once or twice, feeling sorry for him because he was not really one of the party, any more than I was; but perhaps he thought that I was trying to draw him out and force him into saying something against Caligula, for he would only answer in monosyllables. On the day that he put on his manly-gown Caligula adopted him as his son and heir, and appointed him Leader of Cadets; but that wasn't the same thing by any means as sharing the monarchy with him.

No comments: